Format: 1-day Catch Photo and Release tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System www.tourneyx.com
Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: By registering, Competitor affirms that he has read, understands, and as a condition of participation in the event agrees to abide by JML Outdoors Kayak Competition Rules.
JML Outdoors Kayak Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- One angler per vessel.
- A 360-degree white light must be used if launching before sunrise.
- Kayaks will be randomly checked during the tournament hours.
- Mother shipping is not allowed.
- No Gasoline motors allowed
- Only one fishing rod can be used at a time.
- All Fish must be caught from watercraft. No bank fishing, dock fishing or wading fishing is allowed.
- Kayaks, SUP, Canoe’s and Blue Sky will only be allowed.
- Coast guard approved PFD or life jacket must be worn at all times.
- Any angler caught breaking these rules will be immediately Disqualified from the tournament and any future tournaments.
Registration, Entry Fee and Procedures
- Entry Fee: $100 Paid Back 80% 1 place for every 4 entries and top 2 biggest bass.
- All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline (October 12, 2019 5:00PM.) through TourneyX with PayPal account by check or debit card.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: log into TourneyX,
- Navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu
- Check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement and then
- Click the “REGISTER” button.
- Remainder of Entry Fee goes into the Event Prize Fund, which is distributed as cash prizes by rank. with a portion going into a Big Bass pot.
Event ID Code
- It is each anglers responsibility to print the Identifier card available on tourney X and retrieve the identifier prior to the start of the event.
- The angler’s unique identifier must be in all photos of the fish and must be fully visible for the judge to see.
head needs to be facing to the left and the dorsal fin away from the angler.
- The fish’s eye must be visible in the photo.
- Closed mouth only will be accepted (1” minimum deduction or possibility of fish disqualified for open mouth)
- Angler is allowed to pinch tail for maximum length
- Only anglers’ hand is allowed to hold the fish on the board
- No restraining devices allowed
- Fish must measure 12” to be a legal fish
Acceptable Measuring Boards for Fish Submissions
- Any trough style measuring board is acceptable. Hawg Trough made by Hagen’s and Ketch Board by Ketch Co. are good examples of the style of board to be used.
- Each angler must use a mobile phone with camera to submit digital photos through the Tourney X app or website.
- It is the angler’s responsibility to have clear photo of the fish on the measuring board. Blurry photos will not be accepted, and the fish will be denied.
- Each digital photo submitted by the same angler in each event must be of a different bass. Subsequent digital photos of the same bass submitted by the angler will be denied.
- If an angler’s photo is denied by a judge after end-of-competition, it may be automatically replaced by a previously submitted and auto-culled photo; no angler may submit a replacement photo after end-of competition time.
- Eligible watercraft must also be visible in all photos.
- All kayak bass anglers are welcome to sign up and compete in the JML Outdoors Bartlett Lake Kayak tournament. Membership is not required to compete for cash prizes.
Eligible Water: Bartlett Lake, AZ
- Eligible water includes any sloughs, creeks or waterways connected to the main lake that one may Pedal or Paddle into.
- Boundaries: Entire extents of Bartlett Lake with the exception of the main marina. The Main Marina is off limits including the cove in the back. All tributaries are in bounds until the first impassable barrier.
Launch sites: This event will have an open launch. JoJoba or Yellow Cliffs have ramps should an angler wish to use an actual launch ramp.
JoJoba Launch Area
There is not a formal Captains meeting for this event. It is the Anglers responsibility to print the identifier card..
Species: Largemouth and Smallmouth
October 11, 2019
- 5:00 p.m. Pre-fishing Ends
Saturday, October 12, 2019
- 5:30 a.m. Approximate Earliest Launch (to be determined)
- 6:00 a.m. (about 1/2 hour before sunrise) start-of-competition; first cast
- 3:00 p.m. End-of-competition; lines out
- 6:00 p.m. photo upload deadline (Due to Bartlett Lake having limited cell service anglers will be permitted to upload photos until 6:00pm.
- Prize checks will be mailed no later than Monday morning October 14, 2019 to allow ample time for judging.
Scores and Ranking:
- The combined length of the five (5) bass caught during competition hours will contribute to each Competitor’s score.
- Event ranking is determined by the total score (length) for any photo(s) beside each Competitor’s name on the Leader Board when judging and verification is complete.
- In the event of a tie in score, the tied competitors’ longest (highest-scored) bass are compared, and the tie breaks in favor of the competitor with the longest (highest-scoring) bass. If the longest bass are equal, the second-longest bass are compared and determine which competitor wins the tie. If the second-longest are identical, the third bass is compared, and if they, too, are identical, then the fourth bass breaks the tie. If all four of the tied competitors’ highest scoring bass are identical, then the tie breaks in favor of the competitor whose largest fish photo was uploaded earliest.
- In the event of a tie for the largest fish the angler with the heaviest total weight will in. If there is a tie for heaviest total weight then the tie goes to the angler that uploaded their largest fish photo the earliest.
Tournament Director: Justin Locatis (Questions)/Lyle Danuser (On-site)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Information Contact:
Email address: email@example.com